Grinaker Terrace Blocks are perfect for landscaping purposes
If you are looking to install a retaining system to support the slopes in your garden, but you dread the dominating appearance of terrace blocks, the Grinaker Terrace Blok® system is the perfect solution! These quality, concrete retaining blocks enjoy a nationwide reputation for reliability and durability and are widely used in industrial and commercial sites.
The design of these blocks is specifically suited to promote plantability and the growth of all kinds of flowers and plants. Through experience, we have learned that plants that grow well, will grow even better within the shelter of these retaining blocks. The entire appearance of this structure can therefore be enhanced by planting herbs, flowers, or creepers in each of the cavities.
As with any retaining structure, relying on experienced industry professionals for your design and installation requirements is recommended. Having your retaining wall designed and installed correctly from the start will ensure an effective and lasting installation, and it will also save you money in the long run as the blocks are less likely to crack or collapse. As retaining engineers, we consider all relevant factors before commencing with a retaining structure design.
When making use of our expertise, the first step in the process would be for our team to come out to your premises to analyse the terrain and retaining requirements. We will need to consider the terrain type, soil type, height and angle of the slope, drainage options, and more, to establish an efficient retaining solution.
As registered and active members of the Concrete Manufacturers Association (CMA) and the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB), clients can have complete confidence in our team’s ability to design and install a premium retaining structure using the best and most advanced retaining products available on the market.
Reasons why Grinaker Terrace Blok® is an industry leader:
When choosing the correct retainer blocks for your retaining needs, several factors need to be taken into consideration, including plantability, adaptability, costs, durability, etc. The installation of a Grinaker Terrace Blok® is highly recommended for landscaping purposes and for providing support to slopes in domestic or commercial gardens.
Construction with Grinaker Terrace Blok® retaining blocks is simple and our expert team at Decorton will be able to complete your project in no time! The blocks are stacked on top of each other and are filled with either topsoil or humus to steady the installation. Once complete, the pockets in the retaining blocks can be used to plant herbs or flowers to enhance the appearance of the structure. Plants thrive in the retaining structure as the concrete blocks have a moisture retention capacity which transforms into a humid microclimate when warmed by the sun.
Some of the unique features that distinguish these blocks from industry competitors, include:
- Economic Option: if professionally installed, clients should only require 8 blocks per square meter.
- Different Facing Options: clients have the option to choose between open or closed facing due to a unique slider that fits easily between the blocks.
- Plantability: the open back and trough shape creates a greenhouse effect within the blocks. This promotes healthy and rapid plant growth with unrestricted space for root systems that will also aid the stabilisation of the embankment.
- Quality Guarantee: this product is manufactured strictly in adherence to ISO 9002 requirements and carries a full manufacturer’s warranty. The design integrity of these retaining blocks is also supported by full-scale industry tests conducted by geotechnical engineers.
- Performance Guarantee: full scale tests have been conducted by geotechnical engineers to establish the design integrity of this retaining system.
- Different Colour Options: these retaining blocks are available in grey, but coloured blocks can be made to order (depending on the quantity of blocks).
- Different Texture Options: terrace blocks are available in a smooth or rock facing finish to meet various aesthetic requirements.
We at Decorton proudly support and install this quality retaining wall product for all residential or industrial purposes. As these blocks are mostly constructed to form a dry-stack concrete retaining system, the process involves more geotechnical than structural elements. It is therefore important that local authorities are consulted about the design, plan submission and stability certification of all retaining structures before construction starts. Our team will take care of this on behalf of our clients.
If you are interested in installing a Grinaker Terrace Blok® system and you are looking for contractors that you can rely on, look no further! Contact us today to discuss your needs.
Complete this contact form and we will contact you…
Four times National Award Winner at the CMA Awards for Excellence Competition
Copyright 2019 Developed by Cape Business Online