Want to install Gabion walls?
Gabion walls are constructed by stacking several Gabion baskets on top of one another. These walls are a popular choice when it comes to the installation of retaining structures and are often applied along river courses where erosion is a prominent issue. These retaining structures serve an array of application purposes and besides erosion control, they are also used as noise control walls, fences, garden planters, garden furniture, terrace walls, rockfall netting, dam embankment protection and garden walls.
Aesthetically pleasing and environmentally suited to most retaining requirements, Gabion walls are increasingly popular and are often seen at upmarket residential estates and wine estates. At Decorton, we specialise in the supply and superior installation of Gabion walls for a wide variety of applications. Our installations are suited for both residential and industrial requirements. With years of experience in the design and installation of Gabion walls, we can advise you on the best Gabion wall configuration for your specific requirements.
Why install a Gabion wall:
Reasons to install Gabion walls range from aesthetics to engineering – not only is it simple to install, it is also, in most cases, more affordable than any other retaining wall. Being sustainable is another major factor.
The most popular reasons to install Gabion structures include:
- Aesthetics Gabion walls have become highly popular for use in architectural and landscaping projects and this is because of its aesthetic qualities – it adds a unique touch to any building or landscape and can also blend into its surroundings.
- Environmentally Friendly Studies have shown that Gabion retaining wall solutions have a significantly smaller carbon footprint than concrete installations. It is also possible for vegetation to grow within the cavities of the wall.
- Suitable for assorted applications Gabion walls are flexible and can be installed in various areas, as part of different projects. To meet sustainability demands, many landscaping and architectural designs now incorporate these retaining walls.
- Durable Due to its nature, Gabions may become tougher over time as the structure is reinforced by vegetation and sand, ensuring that it is ultra-durable.
- Cost-effective Gabions walls are one of the most affordable retaining solutions available on the market today. When taking the numerous benefits into account, it also makes it a truly cost-effective retaining or landscaping solution.
- Short construction time Little land excavation or preparation is required for the installation of Gabion walls, as they do not require a foundation, which means that the project can be completed in a relatively short time span.
We offer turnkey solutions
To ensure that our Gabion wall installations are completed successfully, while also offering our clients peace of mind, Decorton offers turnkey installation solutions. Clients can rely on us for the complete design of their Gabion walls, or any other retaining structures, the supply of all materials and workmanship, rockfill consideration as well as project management from start-to-end.
The quality of rockfill plays an important part in your Gabion wall installation. The best rock type to use depends on the installation, but solid, unweathered rocks should preferably be used to fill the baskets. Rocks should also be dense to limit the amount of water absorption. The ideal rock size is also dependent on the reason for the installation, but our team will advise you to ensure that you choose the correct rock type and size for optimum results.
For professional Gabion installations in no time, we advise you to contact professional service providers like ourselves. We will make sure:
- To supply the correct rock size, shape and type to fill the Gabion walls.
- To supply sufficient rockfill. We know how many rocks will be required to fill your Gabion walls and will arrange accordingly.
- To take care of all other elements concerning the installation, including the Gabion walls, geotextiles and other tools and materials required to complete the project.
- To take the terrain and all other relevant factors into consideration before commencing with the installation, thereby ensuring that clients can expect a long-term result when entrusting their project to our team.
If you are interested in installing Gabion walls on your property, feel free to get in touch with our expert team to discuss your requirements.
Complete this contact form and we will contact you…
Four times National Award Winner at the CMA Awards for Excellence Competition
Copyright 2020 Developed by Cape Business Online