Gabion baskets manufactured to meet your retaining needs
Gabion baskets are wire mesh boxes, also known as containers or cages, filled with assorted types of rocks to retain soil and/or prevent erosion. Gabion baskets have become a popular retaining system solution and are used in commercial and residential projects to retain soil, while also adding a sophisticated aesthetic touch. These stylish retaining systems are often installed along river courses, where erosion is an issue, as well as in large, flat areas, to minimise soil loss.
Gabions have been used as retaining structures since the Ancient times when Egyptians used them to retain the soil banks along the Nile River. The first Gabions date back 2000 years. These Gabions were made from willows filled with natural stone. Thanks to technological advancements, Gabions are now more durable than ever and can be filled with various materials, from stone to concrete, to meet clients’ requirements.
Reasons to install Gabion baskets range from aesthetic to functional – not only are these baskets simple to install, but they are also, in most cases, more affordable than other retaining solutions. We specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of Gabion baskets for all kinds of purposes. We have completed several successful installations over the years, both for commercial and domestic purposes, and clients can therefore rely on our team to get the job done – promptly and professionally!
To provide each client with the best possible retaining solution for their requirements, our team will come out to your premises to assess the terrain. Doing so allows us to determine which materials and retaining structures will best suit your needs. When it comes to Gabion installation, as well as the installation of all other retaining structures, we make use of only the best materials and tools to ensure a tough and lasting installation.
Advantages of installing Gabion baskets
Besides its aesthetic appeal, installing Gabion baskets holds many advantages. Some advantages, which may persuade you to choose Gabions as your preferred retaining solution, include:
- Enhanced resistance to natural forces, including wind and water, due to tensile strength.
- Fast and easy installation as no foundations are required.
- Extremely durable as natural stone is used to fill the wire mesh Gabion baskets.
- Suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Works as a ground reinforcement.
- Can be stacked in various shapes and designs to meet client preferences.
- Creates a safe habitat for small animals, birds and insects.
- Can be planted in to make it seem more natural.
- Requires very little maintenance.
- As natural rocks are used, these retaining structures blend into the landscape naturally.
- Different types of stone and mesh wire can be used to accommodate design specifications.
Why choose Decorton for your Gabion baskets?
The Decorton team consists of specialists in various retaining solutions, including Gabion baskets. The company was founded in 1992, and we have completed a wide range of installations since. We offer comprehensive services to clients to ensure that their retaining project is completed in line with our company’s superior standards.
Our services include the assessment of the terrain where the installation is to be completed, the design of the retaining structure, the manufacture of the retaining walls, and the final installation. To ensure that all goes according to plan, we also offer professional project management solutions throughout. We are therefore your one-stop service provider for assorted range of retaining wall structures, including Gabion baskets.
To prolong the lifespan of our Gabion installations, we only make use of quality mesh wiring and unweathered rocks. Furthermore, we also pay attention to:
- Drainage – when installing a Gabion basket, we make sure that sufficient drainage can take place below and behind the basket. Ensuring that water can drain fast and effectively will improve the stability of the installation and prolong its lifespan.
- Protecting the wire – by making use of galvanised or PVC coated wiring for the manufacture of the Gabion baskets, we extend the longevity of our Gabion installations. Galvanising protects the steel from oxidation as it forms a protective layer around the wire. This also protects the wire mesh box against rust.
- Geotextile linings where necessary – where it is required that the Gabion baskets be filled with soil to improve the stability of the retaining installation, we make use of premium Geotextile linings inside the Gabion basket for the best results.
If you are looking to discuss your Gabion requirements with industry professionals, please feel free to reach out to our team. We are always ready to assist and will be happy to advise you on the best retaining solution for your needs.
Complete this contact form and we will contact you…
Four times National Award Winner at the CMA Awards for Excellence Competition
Copyright 2020 Developed by Cape Business Online